RERA Rental Committee

Dubai Municipality Rent Committee has been replaced earlier by the Dubai's Rental Dispute Settlement Centre (RDSC) located at Dubai Land Department effective from 17/11/2013.

If either tenant or landlord has a dispute over rent, and cannot be resolved amongst themselves, the legal option is to bring the case to Rental Dispute Settlement Centre (RDSC).

HH Sheikh Mohammed Bin Rashid Al Maktoum, in his capacity as Ruler of Dubai has established the RDSC through Decree No. 26 for 2013. RDSC is authorized by Dubai Government to provide a judicial system that can deal with rental disputes and settle legal issues in a quick, transparent and professional manner.

RDSC promises simplified procedures with most rental disputes being judged within 75 days. The Centre will handle most rental disputes for the Emirate of Dubai including Dubai free zones, unless such disputes have been assigned to special judicial committees or courts. Also RDSC will not look into rent disputes arising from finance lease contracts or long-term lease contracts covered by the provisions of Law No. 7 of 2006 for real estate registration in Dubai. RDSC consists of four departments: Arbitration & Reconciliation Department, Department of First Instance, Department of Appeal and Law Enforcement Department. Arbitration Department will first try to settle disputes amicably within 15 days. If not successful, a lawsuit has to be lodged with the Department of First Instance, which will try to settle the dispute within 30 days. Rulings will be finalized unless appealed to the Department of Appeal for claims worth more than AED 100,000; and issue a verdict within 30 days.

Documents required when you file a complaint.

  • You need to fill up a form called Plaint of Case
  • Original Tenancy Agreement – Should be translated into Arabic through a legal translator.
  • Passport copy required from the tenant and the landlord.
  • Title Deed if the premise is located in a free zone area and if the defendant is the tenant.
  • Dubai Municipality Affection Plan if the defendant is the tenant.
  • Copy of the Valid Trade License if it is a shop or office.
  • Authorization of the person in charge to attend.
  • Original Public Notary with report or registered mail.
  • Other supporting documentation (if any) such as electricity bills, water bills, fines, etc.
  • In case where an owner requests the tenants to vacate the residency for diminishing the property for renovation purposes, the owner must obtain all approvals needed from the concerned departments before filing a case.
  • The property owner must present a current tenancy contract or the management contract to prove the relationship with the lease office.
  • Other supporting documents, such as email correspondences (all documents must be translated into Arabic through a legal translator).
Location of RDSC


Telephone: 800-4488
Working hours: 7.30 am -2.30 pm.
Also evening from 4.30 pm on appointments.